Monday, March 14, 2011

Helping Japan

It's been 3 days since the disastrous earthquake and tsunami hit Japan.  It's a little hard for us to grasp it all, but just watch the news for a bit, and you'll see how devastating it is.  Take a few minutes to watch this video or look at these before & after photos.

We may feel helpless here on the other side of the world, but of course there are ways to help.  First of all, we can pray - for the survivors, for those who have lost loved ones, for those who have lost everything they had, for the rescuers and relief teams, and for God's love and comfort to be felt by those who are suffering.

And we can give ...
Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami
The American Red Cross:  You can text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to help victims of the Japan earthquakes and pacific tsunami. You can also give online here.
The Salvation Army:   Text the words “Japan” or “Quake” to 80888 to make a $10 donation. Or give online.
WorldVision:  Donate online here.
Samaritan's Purse See how they're already working to help and donate here.


I'm joining other bloggers to help spread the word about this relief effort.  I made my own donation tonight through Samaritan's Purse.  Please consider donating, and if you do, comment below and let me know.  I will donate another $1 for every comment (up to $100)!

Update:  More ways to help!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! Love it! I also commented on Facebook b/c I want to make sure my $1 is counted. I have been touched by the stories esp the ones of mothers losing their grip on their child's hand during the tsunami. As a mom it breaks my heart. I'm praying for more stories to come out of survivors that are found against all odds & to be reunited with their families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is awesome what your doing to help out the people in need in japan. I am hoping to make a difference too!!! Hope my $1 can make a difference and that my friends do that same and make a post on here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for doing this. I hope to do my best to help those in Japan.

    ReplyDelete