Monday, July 18, 2011

New Feature: Thrifty Finds!

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Mr Daily Deals and I recently bought a house and have been doing a lot of cleaning, painting, and thrifting lately.  Since the hubby and I bought our first house almost 8 years ago, we've been big fans of yard sales and thrift stores and have been able to find some really great deals.  Thus, I shall start a new feature on my thrifty finds and ideas to share with you all!

One of the stores we've been frequenting is our local Habitat ReStore.  They have all kinds of donated items for your house from lighting to appliances, cabinets, doors, sinks and paint.  Sure, a lot of it might be outdated, but every now and then, you find something great!  Plus, the money goes back to Habitat for Humanity to help others in need!

Here is my handy hubby taking down the old, ugly and very dirty ceiling fan...


And here is the hubby and my dear dad hanging the new light, an Encompass light (online for $372) found at Habitat for (shh!) only $10.  I love it!  Even my dad was impressed with the quality :)



We also grabbed a door for our hall closet ($10), a porcelain white kitchen sink ($30), a Kenmore double oven ($100) and found a great deal on some poly we needed to redo our floors ($10 for a 2.5 gallon bucket, saw it for $78 at Lowes).  

Have you found any great deals lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment